Our Switch Group brings awesome games to new platforms. A focus on getting tasks done while not breaking existing things is very important. Together with your team you will work on challenging game projects and famous IPs like Saints Row and Dead Island with a strong focus on technology and different platforms.
You will take an existing game and evolve its underlying technology to support a new platform.
You are able to jump quickly into an existing project and make sense of it.
Once the code is understood, you apply the required changes without unexpected side effects.
When the game runs on the new platform, the real work begins. It's time to debug and fix any bugs.
Also, you will have to optimize the game's performance, loading times, game size and so on.
And do not be afraid to touch the toolchain. Often, you will have to change game and tools in conjunction.
- Very good knowledge of C++
- Experience in working with 3D APIs (e.g. OpenGL, Direct3D, Metal, Vulkan)
- Console development experience is a plus
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to navigate an existing code base
- Self-starter who works well across the team and supports other disciplines
- Extensive experience in software optimization
- Very good debugging skills
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Use of at least one scripting language (Python, Lua, Perl...)
- Participation in the development of at least one commercially successful video game
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming