You will be part of a highly motivated team, eager to create a compelling new AA console game. Together with your colleagues in Art and Game Design you will be in the center of it all, working closely with programmers and designers to make our new game a great success.
As Art Director, it is your responsibility to guide the art team towards the delivery of stunning visuals and therefore gaming experiences, based on the concurrent vision of the development team.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the aesthetics of the finished game
- Define the stylistic vision in continuity with the creative director’s vision and in collaboration with the producer
- Establish and maintain aesthetic standards
- Review all art assets for quality and continuity
- Create an environment that nurtures creativity
- Supervise teams of artists, animators, and designers from concept to ship date
- Communicate the artistic design and development of the project to the art team (internal) and client (external)
- At least 7 years of work experience in the games industry - ideally at least 3 years as Lead Artist, Art Director or in a comparable role
- Participation in all relevant phases and stages of the production of at least 3 finished and released video games, preferably on console
- A deep understanding of all aspects of art and a very talented and skilled artist yourself
- Experience in a Lead position and proven seniority to guide and coach colleagues from an artistic standpoint
- Passionate about details
- Strong problem solving skills and a "Can-Do-Attitude"
- Self-contained way of working and high level of self-motivation
- A lot of creativity
- Experience in the development of console games
- Very good command of the English language (both written and spoken)
Relocation support will be provided!